Sunday, November 15, 2009

Shades of brown (16"x 20")


My affair with art started when I decided to enroll for beginner classes at the Oakville Art Society with Helen Hendry. I always liked drawing (even though I wasn't that good at it). First challenge, abstract. I knew right from the beginning, that it wouldn't be my style... I hated that picture. That's where my journey began. I still have a few pieces in my closet waiting to be painted over, but who doesn't? I created this one when I took classes in "Visual Arts Mississauga". For a last few years I found myself always going back there, so most of my achievements are thanks to a great teacher Dermot McKeown.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you describe your relationship with art as an affair. Sometimes when it's hard going, it's more work, but still the affair is there. That's how it is for me with writing.

    ReplyDelete