Sunday, April 4, 2010

Waiting for a train (8"x8")



It is so hard to find people wearing bright colors in the winter. Almost every one wears black or gray. So when I saw this girl with an orange scarf and blue jacket and standing on the yellow line, I thought it would make a nice picture.
Most of the time, when I post my pictures, the colors don't turn out exactly the way they look in the painting. I'm using an SLR camera and I've tried shooting it outside and inside the house, but somehow it never looks quite right. What is the best way to do that? Any suggestions on how I could fix this? It is very frustrating.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry I can't help you with the camera issues but this is a nice piece Violetta, I like the way her feet straddle the line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a suggestion for your photography problems. Google: PHOTO STUDIO IN A BOX TENT LIGHT CUBE PHOTOGRAPHY

    There are a bunch of them on eBay.
    I bought one from eBay for around $35.00 and so far it has worked great.

    Love your painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, the age old photographing issue! I find most of the time I phtograph in indirect natural light, usually outside. Sometimes this is followed by a little photoshopping on the computer to get the colors the correct intensity,

    This is a really nice piece, don't give up! Thanks for your comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice painting!

    If you are interested, I keep a 'Photoshop Tips' blog in addition to my painting blog. It's amazing how much we can improve our photos with just a few simple steps on the computer.

    ReplyDelete