Wednesday, January 20, 2010

End of the year portrait swap ( 8"x 10")


Somehow I managed to delete my last post, so I guess I will do it again. This is my entry for the end of the year portrait swap. I didn't know who the person was. It was exiting to participate but because I am new to portraits (my second) it was challenging. I also lost all the great comments and words of encouragement from another artists when I deleted the post and that is what I'm really sad about. You can view all the portraits on you tube too, just click part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4.

2 comments:

  1. That's sad news about deleting the post and losing all the comments.
    This is well done. I like how the contour edges give roundness to the form by being softened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot believe this is only your second portrail! You have a great talent waiting to be brought out with your dedication. Love how you handled the hair on this one.

    ReplyDelete